Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert results

Options
  • 13-08-2017 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

So, what points/ courses is everyone looking for, since there is only a few days left 😭??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Hulgerx10

Law at tcd, but the points are so very steep...

On a side note, anyone know what time I should be heading into school at? I don't want to go too early or too late. When are the results posted into the schools?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

Hulgerx10 wrote: »

On a side note, anyone know what time I should be heading into school at? I don't want to go too early or too late. When are the results posted into the schools?

Majority of schools give them out at 9AM, results are online at 12PM

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnny112

I'm sure you will get the points, let just hope the points won't change too much on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EireLemon

Commerce International UCD, if I don't get it, I'll be crushed 😪

johnny112 wrote: »
    I'm sure you will get the points, let just hope the points won't change too much on Monday

Thanks! What are you going for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Our school starts giving them out at 10, but as far as I know they arrive in the school a good bit before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dorado99

Apparently the principal at my school gives a 30 minute assembly type speech before giving out the results. Does that even happen anywhere else?? I'll be trying to avoid it by coming in at 9:30 XD.

dorado99 wrote: »
    Apparently the principal at my school gives a 30 minute assembly type speech before giving out the results. Does that even happen anywhere else?? I'll be trying to avoid it by coming in at 9:30 XD.

I couldn't imagine anything worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

I couldn't imagine anything worse!

"You'll be grand"
    "Careful now"
    "Don't be getting pissed, like"
    "There's plenty of opportunities"
    "It's possible that the last six years of your life here may have been a waste of time, but it's not like you'd have been doing anything better."
    "Anybody who chose chemistry over home economics have only got themselves to blame"

Or words to that effect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 sunnyost

Im going for law at TCD too. The points are so so steep currently bricking it :( Did anyone else do the feasibility scheme they have going on?

• Advertisement

sunnyost wrote: »
    Im going for law at TCD too. The points are so so steep currently bricking it :( Did anyone else do the feasibility scheme they have going on?

We're in the same boat! Hopefully we'll both get it.

I didn't apply for the feasibility though, my guidance councillor told me not to, but I do have HEAR however...

We're in the same boat! Hopefully we'll both get it.

I didn't apply for the feasibility though, my guidance councillor told me not to, but I do have HEAR however...

Oh seriously? Why not? There's only 10 places on it. So here's hoping to that. :confused: Hopefully we both get it is right :P

There's so many different proponents to the feasibility, I think I got a bit overwhelmed and decided to scrap it! The study also considers the results of the people in your year!? Perhaps I should have done it...

Bad news is that my guidance councilor said that the points are expected to increase by an average 10-15 points based on some study they did. I'm not sure how credible it is, but I think we may be looking at 535-540 at a minimum!

There's so many different proponents to the feasibility, I think I got a bit overwhelmed and decided to scrap it! The study also considers the results of the people in your year!? Perhaps I should have done it...

Bad news is that my guidance councilor said that the points are expected to increase by an average 10-15 points based on some study they did. I'm not sure how credible it is, but I think we may be looking at 535-540 at a minimum!

You're right it was a bit overwhelming and it took a lot of time to do. Considering it's not sure fire Maybe I should have spent more time on my orals rather than the essays :rolleyes: Do you have law/ other courses down?

Anyone applied for nanoscience here? There is high points volatility,and I'm hoping the points will go down, unless you all jump up at once and say " ME!" XD.

Have you been at the Trinity Open day and went to the sports hall for the overly persuasive speech on why you should chose law? The number of people who went to it was overwhelming and the speech was repeated numerously :mad::mad: I have it down as 5th option and too hope the points will decrease or remain stagnant, but it doesn't seem realistic with increased number of people who applied. :(

dorado99 wrote: »
    Have you been at the Trinity Open day and went to the sports hall for the overly persuasive speech on why you should chose law? The number of people who went to it was overwhelming and the speech was repeated numerously :mad::mad: I have it down as 5th option and too hope the points will decrease or remain stagnant, but it doesn't seem realistic with increased number of people who applied. :(

You're killing me.
    You're right it was a bit overwhelming and it took a lot of time to do. Considering it's not sure fire Maybe I should have spent more time on my orals rather than the essays :rolleyes: Do you have law/ other courses down?

I can't do law at UCD because I don't have a third language. I have law down for DCU, and a few general science courses, but that's about it.

It's getting a bit ridiculous now...

You're killing me.

Good thing is that points for law aren't going to increase by a lot because there's a lot of places. I think your guidance counsellor is right that it would increase by max 15 points. Good luck, I'm sure you're underestimating on what you think you got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Going for agricultural mechanisation @ LIT

You're killing me.

Same. :( I also heard applications increased for law in general this year. Did anyone apply to maynooth for law?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭padraigmck

Hoping for Biomedical Science in UCC/CIT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 johnny112

Thanks! What are you going for?

Hopefully, primary teaching and psychology in Mary I, but it looks doubtful at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr.Cool2015

Do you have to go to your school to see your results or are they posted out in the morning.I know I can use the pin to check them but is the actual piece of paper with the results on it posted to your house or does the school have it and you have to go in and pick it up on Wednesday the 16th as I might have to go somewhere on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

I'd imagine that they'd post out any that aren't collected within a week or so.

I know a lot of lads who, being a bit cowardly, plan on getting their results online to avoid facing teachers on Wednesday and then wait for the school to post it out.

I'd imagine that they'd post out any that aren't collected within a week or so.

I know a lot of lads who, being a bit cowardly, plan on getting their results online to avoid facing teachers on Wednesday and then wait for the school to post it out.

That's half of my year! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lala1639

johnny112 wrote: »
    Hopefully, primary teaching and psychology in Mary I, but it looks doubtful at this stage

I'm hoping for primary teaching, so worried 😭

Does anyone know if we can collect our results from the post office at 7am? I've heard of people doing that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Does anyone know if we can collect our results from the post office at 7am? I've heard of people doing that.
    I imagine that only applies to external candidates, whose results are posted to them directly at home (if it applies at all, I would have thought it would cause chaos at post offices).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You certainly wouldn't be allowed to intercept the school's post.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

For tomorrow: Points calculator 2017 (Qualifax)

Looking beyond that to CAO offers next week: How CAO offers work

• Advertisement

I am an external candidate but I can't find anything online about collecting them early from anywhere. My nerves are eating me alive :(:(

Advertisement